FLA - October Meat Up
Meat Up with FLA at our new regular event hosted by FLA members on their site, in their sheds or their showrooms. The purpose of the member site visit is to catch up and network in a casual environment with like-minded folks whilst also showcasing their business in the region.
On Thursday October 5th, join the FLA team and representatives from all DAF business groups for a casual BBQ & Beers at the QLD Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF). DAF are responsible for supporting and promoting a sustainable and innovative agriculture, fisheries and forestry sector, and rural business, to add value to the QLD economy and community.
In Toowoomba, there are around 150 DAF staff working from the Tor street and the Leslie Research facility in Holberton Street. Currently key DAF programs in Toowoomba and the surrounding region include:
- Development of new pulse and cereal varieties that meet market needs
- Pest, disease and agronomic management in grains and cotton
- Developing new export markets for horticulture, grains and meat products
- Promoting the adoption of best management practices in the extensive grazing industries
- Supporting the growth of intensive animal industries
- Maintaining our biosecurity status, including invasive pest and weed management
Member price: $30.00
Non member price: $50.00
Tickets include BBQ dinner and drinks
TSBE and FLA members log into the website (top right hand corner) to receive the member rate.